Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

Day 2- Disclaimer: bodily fluids will be mentioned 6/10/18

My day started off BAD! If any one knows about a neurologic bladder, then they would know that it's unpredictable. I get bladder spasms and I have to take medicine for those spasms. When I take my medicine on time like I'm supposed to, I expect  for my bladder not to spasm. So after draining my bladder the right before I go to bed, I woke up to my bedding soaked. My bladder can roughly hold almost  2000 cc's ( roughly 67 ounces). However my doctor doesn't want my bladder to be extended more than 700 cc's (roughly 23 ounces). My bed had at least 1500 + cc's saturated within it and I was still spasming and leaking from my stoma. So I began to take my catheter and drain thinking maybe it should be only a little bit left in there. NO... I had more than 1200 cc's (roughly 40 ounces) in my bladder. Enough to saturate another bed set.  I started a new  medication the day before  so I thought maybe it could one of the side effects of the medication. It was over 24 hours and your body is still getting used to the different medications. RIGHT? I had a day planned full of activities I wanted to do starting with church and ending with going to The Hip Hop Museum in Oakland. So I cancelled my ride to church because I do not trust my bladder at this point. But when I'm taking my medication and draining correctly and I'm still having accidents, I don't want to sit in church peeing on myself. Don't get me wrong, I have had accidents outside of my home before. Those times I felt so embarrassed and couldn't explain why I have a puddle in my lap. Trying to cover it up with a bag, a sweatshirt, or even a blanket. It's the most embarrassing thing. Not to mention the smell. Even though it's something that happens and I have no control over it, I still get embarrassed and I feel ashamed! So I ended up staying home watching what I drank and try to relax and get my mind off of my bladder.  All in all I had an bad morning but an okay day.

No comments:

Post a Comment