Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day Seven-July 22, 2013

Day 7

my day started off a little painful, so I made appointment with my doctor for my hip. My sister tried to downplay my pain but after she stretched me out she knew it was a lot worse. I got up out of bed and headed straight to my older sister’s house. After waiting a few hours for her to come home we had an amazing day. It was my oldest niece’s 13th birthday. 13 years ago she was this tiny little blessing. Now she’s a teenager. I feel so old. She’s grown up too fast for me. A day at my older sister’s house is never dull. You have kids playing, adults talking, and a dog that just wants to be rubbed. This dog is the most well behaved Bluenose pitbull I’ve ever seen. All she wants you to do is rub and play with her. The only thing that was hard for me this day was I couldn’t go upstairs and play with my nieces and nephews. Sometimes I wish my wheelchair could fly. Sometimes I wish I can make my own plate. It really annoys me when I have to listen to someone trying to dictate or suggest what I should do or eat. Sometimes I wish I could go one day without someone saying “you should” or “why do you”. It gets old having someone treat you like a child.
As you read these blogs don’t be afraid to comment. Comments are welcome. But no put-downs. Constructive criticism only.
Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. Since the day i met you, you have been so stubborn. Lol. I miss you. I am so proud of you. You always knew how to turn the bad into something cheerful. And for that i am blessed to have you in my life not only as a friend but also as a sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the day i met you, you have been so stubborn. Lol. I miss you. I am so proud of you. You always knew how to turn the bad into something cheerful. And for that i am blessed to have you in my life not only as a friend but also as a sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyniece you are such an amazing woman and a wonderful mother. I love you so much. I miss you too. I need to see my God baby!

      Delete
  3. You are an adult with a disablity...remind for of that! You are not a child! You appreciate their help or their concern but you also appreciate if they can just assist without taking away you ability to make choices for yourself! Remind them of that! When I was diagnosed with diabetes...I had to yell at a few folks. Folks wanted to tell me what to eat! These were folks who were about 300 to 400 pounds! Really, really! Thanks but I got this! Now that I was diagnosed with breast cancer it really got worse. My brother went out and purchased a juicer. Don't tell him but it collect dust because I have yet to make a juice other than carrot orange juice that tastes good! Let folks know that you appreciate their assistance but that you can make your own choices...tell them to not that from you!

    ReplyDelete