Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Day 4- false alarm 06/12/18

When it comes to beings quadriplegia, you have little to no hand function. Depending upon your level of injury, you could have more or less than any other quad. Before my accident, I was clumsy! Not just a little bit! I was the most clumsiest person ever! It seems like I was in the ER every other month for having an accident like tripping over my own two feet or spraining my ankle going down stairs. So getting injured and being a quad did not help with my clumsiness. It enhanced it a hundred fold. So with my daily activities, my clumsiness made it hard for me to do anything. Dropping binders and folders and books on the floor made it difficult for me to maneuver in my own room. So after dropping every single book and notebook I have on the floor I drop a huge chair on top of it. So not only did I have to pick up the books off the floor  I have to pick up a chair off the floor also. I use a grabber to pick things up off the floor. I have two Grabbers and for some reason they both were out of my reach due to the things on the floor. The only thing I could pick up was the massive chair and that took all my energy and about 20 minutes to do. With all that energy expelled , I felt as if I was going to have an accident. But not just any accident, number two. Yes. Meaning I had to call my caregivers at work to see if any of them can come and change me. The only way I know that I had an accident if I get goosebumps . Yes I said it Goosebumps .  Goosebumps is an indicator of me getting autonomic dysreflexia .  I will describe autonomic dysreflexia another day. But the Goosebumps tell me that my poop  has reached the exiting portion of my body. With my Grabbers Out Of Reach, I wait for someone to get home to change my clothes and pick up my papers off the floor. So normally my Goosebumps do not lie however today was different. When my caregiver comes  and gets ready to change my clothes, my Goosebumps lied. There's no poop in the shoot! Not at all. I felt so defeated. I just knew something was going on! My day was ruined with clumsiness and false alarms but yet I live to see another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment